What We Believe
Calvary Academy exists to equip students to develop a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ, and intellectually prepare them to live their lives with a Biblical perspective.
Providing a Christ-centered environment where students are challenged academically and nurtured spiritually to develop a heart for Christian service, leadership, and missions.
Core values are the school's guiding principles or values that direct the school in fulfilling its mission. These essential and enduring tenets are not to be compromised for financial or short-term expediency. Core values define the school's culture. They minimize the risk of wasting time on competing directions. They help determine resource allocation. They guide the school when dealing with difficult times or issues.
- Biblical Values
We strive to make our faith real. Our values are based on God’s Word and we are prepared to defend these values when necessary.
- Active Involvement in Ministry and Service
We believe in not just knowing God’s Word, but doing his Word. We provide opportunities for every person to put their faith into practice and grow in the hands-on skills of servant leadership.
- Development of the Whole Person
We desire to develop all areas of a person’s life. The body is developed through physical exercise, sports, and nutrition. The soul is developed through academics, relationships, and attention to emotional issues and the spirit is developed through Bible study, worship, service, and prayer.
- Teach and Equip all Levels of Learners
Every student is treated fairly at Calvary Academy and is challenged to meet their full academic potential. Students are given academic support as their needs dictate.
- Servant Leadership
Our Faculty has an active relationship with Jesus Christ. This is demonstrated by the lives they lead and in their interactions with each other and the students. The faculty members are godly professionals who are well trained in their area of service and have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Partnership with Parents
Calvary Academy recognizes that parents are responsible before God for the instruction, training and discipline of their children. Calvary Academy seeks to assist parents/families in meeting their biblical responsibility. When referencing parents/family, Calvary Academy is in alignment with Calvary Lighthouse as defining marriage with one meaning: the legally recognized union of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. This partnership between the school and the home will empower parents to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4).
Code of Conduct
- Integrity – Strive to maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. A Christian should be honest, moral and trustworthy in all dealings, seen or unseen, on or off campus. ~ Titus 1:8, Proverbs 20:11
- Respect – An attitude that highly esteems those in properly placed authority. Parents, teachers, employers, governmental authority and church leaders have been placed in our lives by God. God gave us a Biblical command to honor those in authority for our own good. ~ Hebrews 13:7
- Obedience – The outworking of the attitude of respect. We are to obey God and be submissive to those He has placed over us in our lives. When we obey, we show our love and respect for God and the authorities He has ordained. Our lives then will be long and fruitful as he has promised. ~ Romans 12:1-7
- Self-Discipline – The ability to control one’s thoughts and actions. The ultimate goal is to have a life under control – disciplined by the Spirit of God. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
- Godly Living – Consists of a lifestyle that exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and flees from the acts of our sinful nature. Our standards are found in God’s Word and our desire must be aligned with God and His holiness. ~ Galatians 5:16-26, 2 Timothy 2:22
- Wisdom –Divine understanding based on what is true from God’s perspective, and doing what is right. Wisdom comes from God as we seek direction from him. Wisdom may be further developed in our lives when we respond to correction according to the Biblical model. If we do not respond to correction with a teachable spirit, the Bible calls us fools and we are unable to attain wisdom. ~ Proverbs 1:7
- Responsibility – Being dependable and accountable in all relationships and tasks. We are accountable to love, encourage, confront, comfort and forgive eachother. Furthermore, initiative, intellectual integrity and excellence should be the goals of all tasks we attempt. ~ Galatians 6:1-5
- Thankfulness – In developing an attitude of gratefulness we are to be thankful for everything God brings into our lives. Knowing that God’s dealings in our lives are intended for our own “good” will foster a lifestyle of gratitude that will be demonstrated through our attitudes and actions. ~ Philippians 4:6-7
- Service – A spirit of humility that focuses on the needs of others without self-seeking motives. Christ is our example in living a life that is not self-centered. Christ, the Son of God, was the ultimate servant leader. ~ Philippians 2:3-11
- Eternal Values – Set your minds on things above not on earthly things. The key is to evaluate our priorities and live our lives each day with the understanding that only what is done for eternity will last. ~ Colossians 3:2
CALVARY ACADEMY STATEMENT OF FAITH
- WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; I Thessalonians 2L13; 2 Peter 1:21)
- WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God–revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22)
- WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine. The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare:
- His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31, 35).
- His sinless life (Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22).
- His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38).
- His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:4).
- His exaltation to the right hand of God (Acts 1:9, 11; 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3).
- WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man and Woman Willingly Fell into Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world. (Genesis 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-19).
- WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Salvation is a free gift of God’s grace apart from works, affected by faith alone.(Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7; Ephesians 4:24; Titus 2:12).
- WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47, 48; Romans 6:4). And (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation. (2 Peter 1:4; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
- WE BELIEVE...the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. And that Christians experience this in various ways as referenced in Scripture. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31; Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-9; John 7:37-39; Acts 4:8)
- WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like. (Romans 12:1,2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 12:14, 13:12; 1 Peter 1:15,16)
- WE BELIEVE… The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her Great Commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven. Since God’s purpose concerning man is to seek and to save that which is lost, to be worshiped by man, to build a body of believers in the image of His Son, and to demonstrate His love and compassion for all the world. (Ephesians 1:22,23; 2:22; Hebrews 12:23)
- WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion. (Psalms 112:9; Galatians 2:10; 6:10; James 1:27)
- WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). (Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:16,17; James 5:14-16)
- WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51,52)
- WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27,30; Revelation 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6)
- WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8)
- WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!' (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21,22)
- WE BELIEVE...that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- WE BELIEVE...God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- WE BELIEVE...that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28–31; Luke 6:31). Harassing and hateful behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.
- WE BELIEVE...that any form of impurity, lust, evil desires, and sexual immorality (including but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Colossians 3:5; Matthew 15:18–20; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10).
- WE BELIEVE...that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and repent of their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19–21; Romans 10:9–10; 1 Corinthians 6:9–11).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior.
Calvary Academy’s governing Board reiterates the following non-discriminatory policy:
Calvary Academy recruits and admits students of any race, color, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school.
In addition, it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, loans, fees, waivers, educational program, and athletic/extracurricular activities.
Calvary Academy does not discriminate in employment or the terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, disability or age. Calvary Academy as a religious organization is permitted constitutionally and by statute to utilize religion as a criteria in employment.
Calvary Academy believes that God’s Word, which is the basis for all truth, gives life to and sustains every subject, activity and decision that is made. Calvary Academy provides a Christian education that is Christ –centered and Biblically-based. Calvary Academy sees a two-fold approach to Christian Education: evangelism and discipleship.
Our Pre-K through 5th grade programs are evangelistic. We offer Christian as well as non-Christian parents a safe and loving environment for their young children to learn and grow in Christ’s love. We provide opportunities for young children/parents to be educated from a Biblical perceptive, to hear the gospel, to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, and to be involved in a local church. This philosophy does not mean that we will tolerate unacceptable behavior from the child/parent.
Our 6th – 12th grade programs utilize a discipleship approach. This means that the student has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, desires a closer relationship with the Lord, and is prepared to live by the Word of God. Our focus at this level is to develop mature, well-rounded disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. We share God’s love and mercy for these children; however, we are not a reform school; the negative influence of just one child can be detrimental to many.
Our International program combines both discipleship and evangelistic approaches. We desire to enhance the educational environment of Calvary Academy by including International Students from around the world. The Board of Education has set clear limitations on student population sizes and it is understood that these international students may be either Christian or non-Christian. We will respect the International Students religious beliefs while presenting a clear, Gospel message. Students are expected to attend daily Bible classes, weekly chapel services and to attend church at least once per week with their host family. Our focus for the International student is to prepare them for successfully studying in American universities and to clearly present the Gospel to them. Our native students will significantly benefit from this program as well. They will learn about new cultures, will have the opportunity to make friends with students from other countries and will learn how to share and put their faith into action. Please know that non-compliance to the guidelines outlined in the Family Handbook may result in immediate dismissal from Calvary Academy. The Board of Education reserves the sole right to immediately revoke I-20 status as deemed necessary and appropriate.